Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Your privacy matters.
Welcome to the Website for the Center for Student Achievement Solutions, LLC. (CSAS) our mission is to build your capacity as an educator to transform your school and promote equitable access to ensure high academic achievement.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement defines the Center for Student Achievement Solutions’ commitment to protecting the privacy of personal information collected or used in the course of conducting business. By submitting identifying data, a visitor to our Website is agreeing to the Center for Student Achievement Solutions’ use of such data as described in this privacy statement. Please take a moment to read the following policy to learn how we handle your personal information.
In general, you can visit our website’s public areas (the “Site”) without divulging any personal information. However, there are areas of our Site that require additional information to complete their functions. These functions may not be available to those choosing not to reveal the information requested.
- use, and
- disclose the information we obtain through the “Site.”
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect information about you in several ways. When you register with our Site, we might ask for your contact information to correspond with us, participate in one of our chat or online communities, call us to request service, register to attend a workshop, or participate in an online survey. At certain points throughout our Site, we might ask for your name, email address, and other contact information. It may be required to enter your username and password to access some portions of our Site.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Site.
Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer support team.
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Site. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
Communication. We may send correspondences to the email address you provide for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
Marketing. We may use information, including Personal Information, to facilitate transmittal of information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through the Site and use it for any purpose.
When We Disclose Personal Information
As a general matter, most of the information we gather about you will only be used for our internal purposes. Some of the research and analysis we perform will be shared with potential clients, service providers, and government agencies; however, we will not identify you personally to any outside party with regard to any such information.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
With Your Permission. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How Personal Data is Collected
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you access and use the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, Websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
The cookies we use include “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. We use the information to compile reports on general user traffic, conversion statistics and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information anonymously.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Protect Your Personal Information
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions uses reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We attempt to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Internet Use Precautions. If you are a registered user, remember to sign off of our Site and close your browser window when you are finished to ensure that others cannot pose as you online. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your password often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to enable the delivery of online advertising on this website, or otherwise facilitate transmittal of information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
Access to Your Personal Information
You always have access to the information we have about you. If you would like to review other personal information that we may have about you, or to opt-out of future communications, email us at email@example.com.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
Your browser may automatically tell us the type of computer and operating system you are using.
How We Use Personal Data And Lawful Bases For Processing
Lawful Bases for Processing under the GDPR
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual, or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us (such processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you).
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device for accessing the Website (such processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you).
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection (such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests).
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns (such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our services and to study how users use our Website).
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests (such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our services).
- Speed up your searches (such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our services).
- Recognize you when you use the Website (such processing is necessary for the performance of our contract).
- To provide us with information about how the Website is running or whether there are any faults or issues with our products and services (such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for us to deliver a better service to you).
How Personal Data Is Shared And With Whom
CSAS does not sell or share your personal information to third parties but may share your information if need arises such as the following:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For the purposes of academic research.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights With Respect To Personal Data.
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account settings page.
- You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org request access to, correct or delete any personal information free of charge that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- We will respond to a request to access, correct or delete any data within 30 days of the date we receive the request.
- We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate or breach any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- If, on your request, we refuse to amend, correct or delete your personal information, we will set out our reasons for not doing so and provide you with details of how you may complain about our refusal.
- If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Do Not Track
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Data.
We have implemented multiple security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, and your use of the websites is subject to those sites privacy policies.
Our Company-wide Commitment to Privacy
If we are going to use any personal information, we have collected in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection; we will publish notice of such use on the Site.
Regarding the (COPPA), the Center for Student Achievement Solutions is not intended for children under the age of 13, and does not collect, use or disclose personal information from children. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS The SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you are under 18 years of age, you further affirm that you either: (i) are an emancipated minor, or (ii) possess legal parental or guardian consent.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions wishes to inform you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may help you in limit access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the website of GetNetWise.org (http://www.getnetwise.org).
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents may have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such requests, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below.
International Users Privacy Rights
Web Site Accessibility
Most of the pages on this website are accessible to individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. If you encounter accessibility problems, please Contact Us
Update Your Information
Contacting the Center for Student Achievement Solutions
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or our Website, please contact us:
Center for Student Achievement Solutions
445 Park Avenue 9th Floor
New York, NY 10022