Level: Experienced Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Location: Flexible/Multiple Locations
Job Category: Professional Development
Specialty: Staff Developer and Structured Literacy Coaching
Position Type: Per Diem
Education Level: Master of Science Degree
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At the Center for Student Achievement Solutions, we equip school leaders and teachers with the tools to analyze, adapt, and grow, to create a future where every child has the opportunity to flourish. We provide professional development, coaching support and technical assistance to Pre-kindergarten through grade 12 across the nation.
Our mission goes beyond just improving test scores – our goal is to customize solutions to help school leaders and teachers achieve nothing short of excellence. We’re with educators every step of the way, providing expert guidance and unwavering commitment to the districts and schools success story.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Structured Literacy Educational Consultant (Per Diem Position)
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions content expert educational consultants are considered a critical lever in partnering with districts and schools to improve classroom instruction, accelerate learning, and close opportunity gaps. There are two primary functions for the role; build teacher capacity and long-term sustainable research-proven instructional practices in literacy using the science of reading and a structured approach.
First and foremost, content expert educational consultants are excellent teachers of reading. They are responsible for helping school leaders and teachers develop content expertise, deeper knowledge in key areas, such as the science of reading, effective reading instruction, structured literacy approaches to support dyslexic students, struggling readers, students with disabilities, English Language Learners (ESL) and how to use assessments to identify barriers and close the opportunity gaps.
The ideal candidate will utilize adult learning theory to support and motivate adult learners to improve professional practice. Literacy consultants are responsible for ensuring that teachers are equipped to deliver high-quality instruction to address the needs of all students by providing impactful job-embedded professional development, coaching support, webinars, workshops, and institutes to improve teaching practices and accelerate learning.
Job-Embedded Professional Development and Literacy Coaching Support (Grades K-2 and 3-5)
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with school leaders, classroom teachers, specialized professionals, and paraprofessionals.
- Facilitate on-site, blended, and virtual job-embedded professional development and coaching that are interactive and impactful within the coaching cycle to support the implementation of the district’s literacy curriculum and supplemental programs.
- Provide strengths-based one-to-one or small group coaching and facilitate grade-level team meetings for grades K-2 and 3-5 literacy teachers.
- Demonstrate and model a structured approach to literacy instruction and evidence-based strategies to support and improve teaching and learning for grades K-2 and 3-5 literacy teachers.
- Co-plan lesson plans, differentiation strategies, intervention supports, and formative assessments for grades K-2 and 3-5 literacy teachers.
- Observe classroom instruction, student engagement, and student work products to measure impact on student achievement for grades K-2 and 3-5 literacy teachers.
- Engage in reflective coaching conversations and conferencing to support individual and small groups of teachers as they strive to enhance and refine their practices to impact student achievement in grades K-2 and 3-5.
- Assist teachers in analyzing and strengthening the various ways technology is being implemented to support both instruction and learning.
- Master’s degree or higher in literacy, special education, curriculum and instruction, early childhood education, education administration, or related education field.
- Deep understanding of structured literacy and the science of reading.
- Certified LETRS Facilitator, Orton Gillingham, Wilson Methodology or other structured approaches to literacy instruction, preferred.
Teaching Experience in Elementary School Grades K-5
- At least five years of successful teaching and/or administration experience using a structured literacy approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge in proactive and positive classroom management strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum programs in the area of evidence-based reading instruction and pedagogical approaches that are interactive, engaging, and impact student achievement.
- Proven track record of helping students achieve success, with an emphasis on Title 1, English Language Learners, and Students with Disabilities in grades K-2 and 3-5 using evidence-based reading programs and practices.
Instructional Coaching Experience
- Three or more years’ experience facilitating professional development, and engaging teachers and administrators in the coaching cycle within a school setting or supporting schools to improve student achievement.
- Ability to design and deliver quality job-embedded professional development for administrators and teachers.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organized, reliable and punctual.
- Must know and understand data-driven instruction, and support educators with analyzing student assessment data and assist teachers with designing lessons based on the instructional needs of students.
- Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred.
Enjoy the Following Benefits
- Competitive pay (based on a per diem scale that is generally agreed upon during interview process).
- We will provide the client’s priority goals, and performance metrics for each professional development engagement and our approach to coaching framework.
- We provide training and ongoing support to content specialists to ensure that you are proficient with delivering high-quality professional development experiences.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of educators and students.
- This is a field position that requires a home office based in the physical territory.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications electronically by clicking the apply button.
These are items that should be included and uploaded as part of the online application.
- Detailed cover letter that includes why you would like to work for organization, explain your core values, and how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Professional resume/curriculum vitae.
- Contact information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) for three professional references.
- If selected for the position, you must submit official transcripts as part of the hiring process.
No phone calls, please. The Center for Student Achievement Solutions will respond only to finalist candidates.
New York City Department of Education Requirements
- Must be fingerprinted and processed through P.E.T.S. system.
- Would you please share whether you are willing to comply with the mandates set forth by some of our states, districts, and schools for COVID-19 vaccination requirement?
This is a per-diem position.
Are you interested in applying for this position? Please scroll up to the top of the page and click APPLICATION. If you still have questions regarding this position, feel free to contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices. We provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. An Equal Opportunity Employer