Level: Experienced Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Location: Flexible/Multiple Locations
Job Category: Leadership Development
Specialty: Leadership Development and Coaching
Position Type: Per Diem
Education Level: Master of Science Degree
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At the Center for Student Achievement Solutions, we equip school leaders and teachers with the tools to analyze, adapt, and grow to create a future where every child has the opportunity to flourish. We provide professional development, coaching support, and technical assistance to Pre-kindergarten through grade 12 educators nationwide.
Our mission goes beyond just improving test scores – our goal is to customize solutions to help school leaders and teachers achieve nothing short of excellence. We’re with educators every step of the way, providing expert guidance and unwavering commitment to the districts’ and schools’ success story.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Leadership Development Consultant (Per Diem Position)
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions’ expert leadership development consultants is considered a critical lever in partnering with districts and schools by providing direct support to district and school leaders with a laser focus on the continuous school improvement process. There are two primary functions for the role; build instructional and strategic leadership capacity and long-term sustainable research-proven core competencies to boost student achievement.
First and foremost, expert leadership development consultants are experienced and accomplished educational leaders. They are responsible for helping school leaders develop strategic leadership core competencies, deep knowledge-building teacher capacity using a data-driven approach, classroom observations, reflective coaching conversations, and motivational feedback to drive change and accelerate student achievement.
The ideal candidate will utilize adult learning theory to support and motivate adult learners to improve to improve their leadership practices. Leadership development consultants are responsible for ensuring that school leaders are on track to meet or exceed the school’s performance targets by providing impactful job-embedded coaching support, webinars, workshops, and institutes.
Job-Embedded Professional Development and Coaching Support for Leaders
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with district and school leaders.
- Facilitate on-site, blended, and virtual reflective coaching conversations focused on professional growth goals, and school improvement targets to build the capacity of school leaders through a data-driven decision-making strengths-based approach.
- Provide one-to-one job-embedded coaching support and co-facilitate school leadership team meetings.
- Implement a side-by-side coaching model to implement research-proven practices and evidence-based strategies to develop core leadership competency areas to improve teaching and learning.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to inform professional growth goals, school improvement priority goal setting, and plan actionable next steps.
- Co-observe classroom instruction, student engagement, and student work products to measure impact on student achievement.
- Support school leaders with triangulating data to evaluate teacher effectiveness and plan reflective coaching conversations that are positive and motivational to improve teaching and learning in every classroom.
- Assist district and school leaders in analyzing and strengthening the various ways technology is being implemented to support traditional, hybrid, and virtual learning.
- Coordinate job-embedded coaching support schedules with school leaders to maximize on-site visits, including gathering and analyzing professional growth, school improvement plans, and student achievement data to make data-informed decisions.
- Establish and maintain coaching logs and complete on-site reports to ensure they are aligned with school improvement targets and professional growth goals.
- Review school leaders coaching participant evaluation surveys to drive change and accelerate student growth and proficiency.
- Additional activities identified by the school leaders.
A successful candidate will be passionate about the Center for Student Achievement Solutions’ mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices.
Interested candidates must possess a high degree of integrity, flexibility, curiosity, and a growth mindset to support and manage assigned projects’ priority goals and proactively adhere to timelines while working from home/away from direct supervision.
- Master’s degree or higher in the related education field(s), Educational Leadership.
- At least five years of successful teaching experience.
- At least five years of educational leadership experience at the early childhood, elementary, or secondary levels.
- At least five years of successful experience supporting schools to improve teaching, learning, and student achievement.
- Experience in strengths-based coaching, leadership development, and impact on student achievement.
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and pedagogical approaches that impact student achievement.
- Proven track record of helping students achieve success, with an emphasis on Title 1, English Language Learners, and Students with Disabilities.
Leadership Development Coaching Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of content standards and experience in school leadership core competencies, research-proven, and evidence-based leadership practices.
- Three or more years of experience facilitating professional development and engaging district and school leaders in the coaching cycle to improve teaching, learning, and student achievement.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; organized, reliable, and punctual.
- Must know and understand data-driven instruction and support school leaders with analyzing student assessment data to measure student growth and proficiency.
- Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred.
Enjoy the Following Benefits
- Competitive pay (based on a per diem scale that is generally agreed upon during the interview process).
- We will provide the client’s priority goals and performance metrics for each job-embedded coaching engagement and our approach to leadership development coaching framework.
- We provide training and ongoing support to leadership coaches to ensure that you are proficient in delivering high-quality job-embedded coaching experiences.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of school leaders, educators, and students.
- This field position requires a home office based in the physical territory.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications electronically by clicking the apply button.
These are items that should be included and uploaded as part of the online application.
- Detailed cover letter that includes why you would like to work for our organization explain your core values, and how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Professional resume/curriculum vitae.
- Contact information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) for three professional references.
- If selected for the position, you must submit official transcripts as part of the hiring process.
No phone calls, please. The Center for Student Achievement Solutions will respond only to finalist candidates.
New York City Department of Education Requirements
- Must be fingerprinted and processed through P.E.T.S. system.
This is a per-diem position.
Are you interested in applying for this position? Please scroll up to the top of the page and click APPLICATION. If you still have questions regarding this position, feel free to contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices. We provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees and prohibit discrimination and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. An Equal Opportunity Employer