Level: Experienced Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Location: Flexible/Multiple Locations
Job Category: Leadership Development
Specialty: Leadership Development and Coaching
Position Type: Per Diem
Education Level: Graduate Degree
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions is a professional development company. We provide job-embedded professional development learning opportunities, technical assistance, and coaching supports to Pre-K-12 educators throughout the US.
At the Center for Student Achievement Solutions, we specialize in the following areas:
- school improvement
- special education
- leadership development
- teacher development
- effective instruction for reading and writing skills across the content areas
- student support: individual tutoring, strategy building to manage learning issues, remedial and enrichment skill-building
- improving the outcomes of at-risk students, English Language Learners (ELL), and students with disabilities (IEPs) to accelerate and close achievement gaps.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Summary of the Leadership Development Instructional Coach Per Diem Position
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions leadership development coaches are considered a critical lever in the partnership with districts and schools by providing direct support to instructional, and school leaders with a laser focus on the continuous school improvement process. The role has two primary functions: build instructional and school leadership capacity and long-term school-wide sustainable research-proven best practices to impact student achievement.
First and foremost, leadership development coaches are experienced and accomplished educational leaders. The leadership development coaches are responsible for helping school leaders develop strategic leadership core competencies, deeper knowledge building teacher capacity using data-driven decisions, classroom observations, reflective coaching conversations, and motivational feedback to drive change and accelerate student achievement.
The ideal candidate will utilize adult learning theory to support and motivate adult learners to support professional growth and build the capacity of instructional and school leaders. Leadership development coaches are responsible for ensuring that school leaders are on track to meet or exceed school improvement targets by providing impactful job-embedded coaching support, webinars, workshops, and institutes.
This is a per-diem position. We will assign leadership development specialists to provide job-embedded coaching support to instructional and school leaders. The leadership development specialists will be scheduled based on requests from the states, districts, and schools that we serve.
Our services are customized based on the needs of each client, and sometimes this requires services to be rendered before or after-school, evenings, or on a weekend day. We cannot guarantee a certain number of workdays per month. The work is allocated based on the professional development engagement demands of each state, district, or school. Compensation structure is based on the completion of work for assigned professional development session(s) rendered each day.
Leadership development coaching support is customized to the instructional and school leaders’ availability within the school day.
Job-Embedded Leadership Development Coaching Support
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with instructional and school leaders.
- Facilitate on-site, blended, and virtual reflective coaching conversations focused on professional growth goals, school improvement targets to build the capacity of school leaders through a data-driven decision-making strengths-based approach.
- Provide one-to-one job-embedded coaching support and co-facilitate school leadership team meetings. Leadership development coaches will be responsible for:
- side by side coaching to implement research-proven practices and evidence-based strategies based to develop core leadership competency areas to improve teaching and learning.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to inform professional growth goals, school improvement priority goal setting, and plan actionable next steps.
- co-observe classroom instruction, student engagement and student work products to measure impact on student achievement.
- support school leaders with triangulating data to evaluate teacher effectiveness, plan reflective coaching conversations, positive and motivational teacher feedback to improve teaching and learning in every classroom.
- Assist instructional, and school leaders in analyzing and strengthening the various ways technology is being implemented to support traditional, hybrid, and virtual learning.
- Coordinate job-embedded coaching support schedules with school leaders to maximize on-site visit including gathering and analyzing professional growth, school improvement plan and student achievement data to make data informed decisions.
- Establish and maintain coaching logs, complete on-site reports to ensure they are aligned to school improvement targets and professional growth goals.
- Review school leaders coaching participant evaluation surveys to drive change and accelerate student growth and proficiency.
- Additional activities identified by the school leaders.
- Develop and refine professional development materials and resources to prepare for each assigned project.
A successful candidate will have a passion for the Center for Student Achievement Solutions’ mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices.
Interested candidates must possess a high degree of integrity, flexibility, curiosity, and a growth mindset to support and manage assigned projects’ priority goals and proactively adhere to timelines while working from home/away from direct supervision.
- Master’s degree or higher in the related education field(s), Educational Leadership.
- At least five years of successful teaching experience.
- At least five years of educational leadership experience at the early childhood level, elementary school level, or secondary level.
- At least five years of successful experience supporting schools to improve instructional and student achievement.
- Must possess a valid leadership license in one of these areas to be considered for this position.
- Experience in strengths-based coaching, leadership development, and impact on student achievement.
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction and pedagogical approaches that impact student achievement.
- Proven track record of helping students achieve success, with an emphasis on Title 1, English Language Learners, and Students with Disabilities.
Instructional Coaching Experience
- Course work or training in leadership development and coaching.
- Ability to design and deliver quality job-embedded coaching support for school leaders.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must know and understand data-driven instruction and support school leaders with analyzing student assessment data to measure student growth and proficiency.
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of content standards and experience in school leadership core competencies, research-proven, and evidence-based leadership practices.
- Experience in design, structure, preparation, and presentation of impactful job-embedded side by side coaching support content.
- Experience implementing technology-enhanced instruction.
- Demonstrated interest and engagement in professional learning and reflection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organized, reliable and punctual.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the assigned client and maintain scheduled projects on an as-needed basis.
- Educational Leadership
Instructional Coaching Experience
- Two or more years’ experience facilitating side by side leadership coaching support and school leaders in the coaching cycle to support school improvement initiatives and improve student achievement.
- Experience in strengths-based and student-centered coaching to school leaders observe classroom instruction, plan effective reflective coaching conversations, deliver bite-sized actionable feedback with follow-up coaching support to improve teaching and learning.
Enjoy the Following Benefits
- Competitive pay (based on a per diem scale that is generally agreed upon during interview process).
- We will provide the client’s priority goals and performance metrics for each job-embedded coaching engagement, and our approach to leadership development coaching framework will be provided.
- We provide training and ongoing support to leadership coaches to ensure that you are proficient with delivering high-quality job-embedded coaching experiences.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of school leaders, educators, and students.
- Overnight and out-of-state travel is required for this position. The amount of travel is directly related to meeting territory priority goals and will vary. Due to COVID-19 conditions, some districts and schools are using virtual professional development solutions, and this work is done at home with the expectation that more work will be done in districts and schools.
- The typical Center for Student Achievement Consultant content expert consultant with a multi-state territory will travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be physically able to drive and travel.
- This is a field position that requires a home office based in the physical territory.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications electronically by clicking the apply button.
These are items that should be included and uploaded as part of the online application.
- Detailed cover letter that includes why you would like to work for our organization, explain your core values, and how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Professional resume/curriculum vitae
- Copy of teaching license and/or principal certification
- Contact information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) for three professional references.
- If selected for the position, you must submit official transcripts as part of the hiring process.
- Due to the status of COVID-19, districts and schools are requiring masks.
- New York City Department of Education requires proof of vaccination.
- Would you please share whether you are willing to comply with the mandates set forth by some of our states, districts, and schools for COVID-19?
No phone calls, please. The Center for Student Achievement Solutions will respond only to finalist candidates.
Are you interested in applying for this position? Please scroll up to the top of the page and click APPLICATION. If you still have questions regarding this position, feel free to contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Center for Student Achievement Solutions is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices. We provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. EOE.